The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Yeah!

Today we went for the 16 week scan. I've been thinking and worrying about it, and didn't sleep very well last night, but kept myself busy today, so I didn't have time to think too much.

But the results were as good as we could have possibly hoped for. The consultant could find no evidence of any structural problem and the cystic area has all but gone! We're back again for another scan (the routine one) in a couple of weeks, and if that's all OK, then we can be discharged from consultant care back to community midwife care!! Of course, there's always a risk that a chromosomal abnormality (but no structural problems) is still present and we won't know that until the baby's born, but that's the case with any pregnancy.

It's such a relief and I can now start to feel excited about it all. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers - keep going!

2 comments:

notquiteginger said...

this is great news guys, we'll all keep the positive thoughts coming and I hope you can go back to enjoying the pregnancy (!) and making plans. Will keep reading the blog for updates xx

Allie said...

Positive thinking, relax and I hope you'll feel more excited very soon.
Love and Hugs
Allie
x x x